Sunday, April 16, 2017

Social Media: A Vinyl Collector's Best Friend

Chapter 11 covers "Groups and Social Media", where we learn about the types of influences we receive from social media outlets and the effect they can have on us.

Interestingly enough, I have found that my musical taste has flourished thanks to social media and exposure that many bands and artists get through it.

Here are a few which I follow when looking for something new to listen to:

Connoisseurs of Heavy, Audio Pleasures 

Image result for vinyl gif
When you find someone with an excellent vinyl collection on Instagram
Through Instagram, I found several individuals with impressive collections of records and music tastes. I'm rather picky with my own music taste, and so I find it difficult to take recommendations from most people. However, there are a few folks on social media who I trust fairly well with their recommendations.

One such personality is InfidelAmsterdam, whom I loosely follow on YouTube but pay attention to on Instagram.
Image result for infidelamsterdam gif
I need to be more like this guy.


Another gentleman with an impressive array of records goes by the name Scourge of Vinyl. He puts out excellent content regarding new and old releases as well as exclusive colored vinyl variants. He is what I would call a "market maven". 

Image result for scourge of vinyl
Scourge of Vinyl
Hate5Six in an amazingly talented videographer who does full live set shoots for a myriad of hardcore acts. As someone who has just gotten into hardcore within the last two years or so, I can count on Hate5Six to expose me to great acts all while catching them in their most intense and raw state.
Image result for hate5six
Sunny Singh, modern hardcore historian.

No comments:

Post a Comment